Our partnership with sharoo now lets you access car sharing services through your app.
You’ll receive an e-mail telling you that you’ve been added to sharoo’s Private Circle. This e-mail will also briefly describe what that is and the next steps.
If you aren’t registered with sharoo yet, you’ll receive a second e-mail inviting you to join sharoo. Click the link to create an account.
How can you book a car in your app?
First make sure you’re logged in to sharoo in the Allthings app. If you can’t see the car yet, you still have to activate the Private Circle. All it takes is just a few clicks: first on the filter settings in the blue tile at the upper right, then select the second filter function entitled “Circles”. From there, you simply select your Private Circle. Here’s a screenshot to show you just what this looks like.
Before booking, make sure the Private Circle is active because sometimes the car might be made available to people outside the Private Circle at a higher price or less favorable terms and conditions.
Then click the car, select the time you want to use it and complete the booking. If you already have a rough estimate of how many kilometers you’ll be driving, you can also have the app show you the approximate total cost of renting the car, which is calculated based on the amount of time booked and the distance driven in kilometers.
How can you open the car?
Here’s how to open the car:
- Activate Bluetooth in your smartphone settings.
- Use Bluetooth to find the sharoo box (scan for devices, device name e.g. sharoo#_ _ _ _) and pair it with the box. If you can’t connect to the box, forget the device, completely deactivate Bluetooth and scan for devices again. Also make sure you’re standing close enough to the car.
- Once the connection has been established, open the sharoo app, go to Bookings and open your booking by pressing the car key button.
- Then open the car by tapping the car key on the next screen.
How does refueling work?
A fuel card is provided in every car. Fuel is always included in the rental price. To ensure that everybody gets where they need to go without a hitch, the following conditions apply:
- The tank has to be at least 1/4 full before each new rental.
- That also means that the tank has to be at least 1/4 full before the car is returned. If it drops below 1/4 full during use, the person renting the car is responsible for refilling it. In the case of electric cars, the battery has to be at least 80% charged when your booking period starts. After use and regardless of the battery’s charge, the person who rented the car is responsible for plugging it back in to the charging station. Please see the car’s description or contact the car’s owner for information about its range.
If any damage is sustained, there is a deductible of:
- CHF 1,000 in the case of comprehensive insurance (or CHF 300 if the option Deductible 300MAX was selected)
- CHF 0 for third-party auto liability insurance (for people aged 26 and over)
- CHF 1,000 for third-party auto liability insurance (for people under the age of 26)
Where can you find more information about sharoo?
Check here for answers to the most frequently asked questions. You’ll find lots of other information at the Sharoo Help Center.