A CSV import offers a convenient way to import master data records, including tenant information, on your own. To do so, simply click on "Master data" in your cockpit, and then click on "Import Data." A sample .csv file has been stored here to help you prepare your data as a properly structured .csv file.
Once this has been performed, you can then link specific columns from the .csv file to the relevant matching master data fields.
After successful import, you can review the new properties, buildings and rental units under "Master data." Where supplementary tenant information has been uploaded, it will be assigned to the corresponding rental periods. If tenant email addresses were included in the .csv file, these will be listed under "Unregistered tenants" in the "Tenant Management" feature of your Cockpit. From there you can also initiate a "bulk invite" if desired.
If you have uploaded tenant information for a commercial object, the corresponding information will be stored in the cockpit feature "Tenant companies". Please note that the name of the tenant company must be entered in the "Name" column and the "Tenant type" column must be marked with a "C".
Key factors for the .csv file
- The .csv file relies on the use of a comma (",") or semi-colon (";") as a separator.
- Dates for rental periods must be provided in one of the following formats: DD.MM.YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD (i.e. 23.12.2019 or 2019-12-23)
- Name of property
- Name of building
- Name of unit
- Property type (flat, office, mixed, etc.)
- House number
- Postal code
- Start of utilization period
- Tenant type (for commercial objects)
- Tenant information, such as name, email address and phone number
- Registration code (if not provided, one will be generated automatically)
- End of the utilization period
- Type of usage ("Rental" or "Ownership": if this field is not populated, then "Rental" will be entered automatically)
If you want to assign several tenants to the same utilization period, duplicate the corresponding line and add the relevant information (e.g. e-mail address). The system automatically recognizes that these tenants belong to the same utilization period.
Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you do not currently possess sufficient permissions to access the "Master data" feature in your Cockpit.