There are lots of different ways for you to design your Pinboard post, but one thing is certain: presentation is everything! First impressions are created in the first three to five seconds. Online, we decide whether to read a post or not after our first glance at it.
With that in mind, we’ve put together a few tips and tricks that should help you draw attention to your post.
What’s the best way to use pictures?
- Thumbnail: Make sure that the thumbnail on the Pinboard conveys the message you want to send. Thumbnails that only show a nondescript section of the picture will lose the viewer’s interest
- Text: If the text only appears after the post is clicked, that could prevent your message from reaching the user. Configure your pictures so that the text you want people to see is also visible when somebody is scrolling through the Pinboard
What information should my event post contain?
- What is the event?
- When will the event take place?
- What time will it start?
- Is there a special dress code?
- How much does admission cost?
- Should tickets be reserved in advance? If so, through which e-mail address, phone number or website?
Is there a contest? If so, you may want to answer these questions:
- What do I have to do?
- What can I win?
- When will the contest expire?
- When will the prize(s) be awarded?
- How often can people enter?
- Which requirements and conditions apply?