Stripe handles every aspect of payment processing for sellers and money is
automatically booked to the seller’s account. This requires that the seller have a Stripe
account, however, which is easy to set up online.
What is Stripe?
- Stripe is the leading international provider of online payment solutions and boasts a
client base that includes many well-known companies such as Microsoft, Amazon and
Booking.com. The company was founded in San Francisco in 2011 and currently has
more than 1,100 employees around the world.
- One particularly notable aspect of Stripe is that it employs a state-of-the-art API that is
being improved on an ongoing basis. Apart from traditional payment processing
services, Stripe offers additional applications that simplify everyday business activities
related to digital payment processing including fraud prevention and assistance with
internationalization efforts, for example.
- One key criterion in our decision to opt for Stripe was the marketplace functionality of
Stripe Connect. This makes it easy for us to incorporate a variety of partners into our
How can I use Stripe?
- When it comes to the technology used behind payment processing, you don’t have to do a thing. Just leave it up to us - it’s our pleasure. If you don’t
have an account yet, you simply have to create an account with Stripe and link it to
our account. That’s it! You’ll be able to start receiving online payments via the
Allthings apps right away.
- Whenever services are rendered, there’s no need for any payment settlement
between you and us. If a service is purchased, the
money automatically lands in your Stripe account.
What are Stripe’s terms?
- Allthings does not currently charge any transaction fees for providing the technology
or relaying the orders. This is not the case with Stripe. Stripe charges a fee for every
transaction. Service providers either have to cover this fee and/or factor it into their
pricing. Stripe currently offers the following terms:
- Switzerland: CHF 0.30 + 2.9% per transaction
- EU: EUR 0.25 + 1.4% per transaction
Stripe deducts these transaction fees directly from the payments. That means that the
service providers receive a credit to their account in the amount of the price of the
sale less the transaction fee specified above.
- Go to the website www.stripe.com
Click on “Start now”
Enter your e-mail address and name and select a password
- And voilà - you’ve created your account!
- Check here for detail instructions on how to use your Stripe account dashboard.
- Then go to ''Continue'' to get a step-by-step guide to verify your stripe account with your personal details
- Once you’ve successfully completed these steps, the last thing you still have to do is
to link your Stripe account to our account. To do so, click on this link and follow the instructions.
- If you haven’t registered yet, please sign up and click “Authorize access to this
account” at the bottom of the page.
- Now you’re all set: Notify your contact that you’ve linked the accounts.