Advantages and possibilities offered by myRENZbox
The myRENZbox makes receiving and sending parcels a piece of cake – regardless of whether you're around or not. Use it for deliveries and returns through all the major parcel delivery companies.
The parcel box’s main uses are to:
- Receive parcels
- Send parcels through parcel delivery companies
- Deliver items to neighbors or coworkers
Which parcel delivery services are supported?
DHL, DPD, GLS, Amazon and Hermes can deliver parcels to the box.
Please keep in mind: Unfortunately, DHL Express deliveries and small parcels will not be delivered to myRENZbox, only standard-sized parcels!
How can I use myRENZbox?
There are three steps you need to take before using the parcel box:
2. Grant a drop-off permission: When you grant a drop-off permission, you are giving the parcel delivery company the right to drop parcels off, meaning that they are allowed to deliver the parcel without handing it over to you in person. To administrate and edit your drop-off permission, go to the micro app, click 'Abstellgenehmigung' (Drop-off permission) and choose your myRENZbox. From here you will be taken to the Renz administration page and guided through the process.
3. Register with the parcel service providers: With the drop-off permission now, DHL & Co. still need the information that they should deliver to the myRENZbox. To do this, you need to register with both providers.
There are two types of PINs:
- Your personal PIN that you use to collect and send your parcels.
- A neighbor PIN that you can use to put something in a myRENZbox compartment for your neighbors or other service providers You can manage and create PINs using the PIN management function in the micro app.
You manage and create PINs using the PIN management within the Micro app.
Receiving a parcel
When you place an order through a trusted online shop, enter the myRENZbox address as the shipping address for delivery. You’ll find it in the micro app under 'Details zu meiner Renzbox' (Details about my RENZbox).
You will receive an e-mail notification as soon as your delivery has been dropped off. Then simply go to the box, select 'Bewohner' (Resident) on the touch screen, then 'Abholung' (Collection) and enter your PIN.
To send a parcel, you first have to ensure that you have paid the cost of shipping. You can also do that online by purchasing a stamp from DHL, etc. and printing it out. Then you need to register for 'Abholung' (Collection) with the parcel delivery companies.
Deposit pickup PIN
In the address field for the pickup, the pickup PIN for the respective service provider must be stored; you will find this under the drop-off permission for the respective service provider.
Depositing items for other recipients
You can use the myRENZbox to deposit items for other residents, companies or your delivery service of choice. The box differentiates between registered residents, who have access to the box just like you, and non-registered users, who receive a PIN from you.
Resident delivery: If the recipient has already been registered in the system, simply log in as usual as a resident. Then select 'Zustellung' (Delivery), find the recipient’s name on the list, select a compartment size and deposit the parcel. The recipient will then receive an e-mail notification and can collect the parcel
PIN delivery: If the recipient is not registered, delivery is done using an individually generated PIN.
Depositing items in the box: Once you have generated a PIN, go to the start screen of the myRENZbox and select 'Bewohner' (Resident), 'Zustellung' (Delivery) and 'PIN Zustellung' (PIN delivery). You will then see the PINs you generated. Select the PIN you want to use (or generate a new PIN at the box). The recipient will then receive an e-mail notification and can collect the parcel using that PIN.
Forwarding information to the collector: Send the PIN to the collector who goes to the start screen, selects PIN, then 'Abholung' (Collection), and finally enters the PIN to open the compartment.
Enabling any other senders to deposit items for you
If you want to receive any type of item from somebody else, then send that person one of the PINs you generated. To do so, simply follow the directions provided above in the 'PIN-Verwaltung' (PIN Manager). The sender should go to the start screen, select PIN, then 'Zustellung' (Delivery), find your name on the list, enter the PIN and deposit the item.
You will then receive an e-mail notification and can open the compartment using your personal PIN.