In order to create and manage tags, the "Tag Admin" permission is required. This can currently only be assigned by Allthings.
Do you need the "Tag Admin" permission? Inform your responsible team administrator, who can request the permission from us.
Creation of tags
- Open the Administration and then click on Tags.
You will then see an overview of the existing tags that have been created for your service provider.
Click on "Create tag" at the top right.
An editing mask will appear where you can specify the name of the tag.
When choosing the name, keep in mind that it should be unique, meaningful and possibly chosen according to some system. This will make it easier for you and your collaborators to use the correct tag later.
Choose a name and click "Create" in the bottom right corner.
After creating the tag, it will initially have the same name for the languages English, German and French and the channel settings will be empty.
The next step should be to adjust the name for the respective language and select channels that the tag should contain.
- Channels can be selected at app, property, building or unit level.
So if you later add permissions in Team Management based on a tag
- Add permissions in Team Management, these will apply to the added channels.
- Publish pinboard posts and info articles, these will apply as visibility settings.
Management of tags
It may be that after creating a tag, it needs to be modified or deleted at some point.
To do this, go to the Administration again and click on Tags. In the opening overview, now select the tag that you want to edit.
- Changing the title in English, French and German languages
- Adding and deselecting channels.
- Click on "Delete tag" at the bottom right.
- Then confirm the deletion by clicking "Delete".